Code of Ethics
• OKD, a.s. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company“) adopts this code of ethics as a set of elementary values and attitudes to the enterprise which OKD adheres to in the performance of its business activities.
• Among the most important objectives the company includes maintenance of goodwill and confidence of all parties concerned.
• The Company’s code of ethics is not a generally binding legal regulation nor an internal directive of the Company.
• Compliance with the code of ethics on the part of the Company is considered a moral obligation, addressing the behaviour and conduct of all its employees towards the Company, customers and other business partners, administration authorities and the public.
A Customer relations
• Honesty and fairness towards the customers is deemed by the Company as the basis for successful and continuous business relationship.
• The Company is mindful that its products conform to declared quality parameters and requirements as contained in national and international standards.
• The Company is aware of the importance that all deliveries be prompt.
• In its effort to carry out the sale of its products, the Company shall not use any means other than lawfully recognized business methods. The Company considers corruption practices of any kind as impermissible.
• The customer’s information is regarded by the Company as confidential.
B Supplier relations
• The selection of suppliers is carried out in accordance with the rules of business competition in relation to the applicable legal regulation (the Act on commissioning public contracts, as amended) and the internal set of managing acts concerning these issues.
• In the purchase of products, services, etc. the Company shall not use any means other than lawfully recognized business methods, and shall never abuse its position in the market. The Company considers corrupt practices of any kind as impermissible.
• The Company respects all contractual stipulations and payment morals.
• All information concerning the relations with its suppliers is regarded by the Company as confidential.
C Shareholder and other investor relations
• The Company is mindful of the interests of its shareholders and shall not give advantage to any group of investors.
• The Company’s annual reports are truthful, exact and timely.
• The Company strives to provide the investors with yields attractive in the long term.
• The Company informs its investors on a regular basis of its business policy, results attained and expectations.
D Employee relations
• The relations of the Company towards its employees are based on respect for dignity of individuals.
• The Company employs and promotes employees on the basis of their qualifications for the given job without any political, racial, religious or national discrimination, regardless of sex, age, status or disabilities not related to the given work assignments. 1
• In accordance with the best traditions in the sector the Company strives to create a hygienic and safe work environment, auspicious working atmosphere and favourable conditions for enhancing the employees‘ professional qualifications.
• The Company ensures regular rewarding of its employees for the work performed including due payment of wages in terms arranged.
• The Company shall not tolerate sexual, physical or mental harassment of the employees.
• The Company respects the right of employees to form trade unions and carries out the obligations arising from it for the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
• The Company requires that employees respect the principles of safe work and observe and utilize the determined hours of labour.
• The Company requires that in relation to the Company’s property the employees not act in contradiction with legitimate interests of the employer and manage the entrusted property duly and with a view to protection thereof.
• The information gathered by the employees about the Company during performance of their work shall not be used for personal profit or any purpose other than that it was intended for.
• Any personal benefit of an employee or a member of the family gained from the Company’s activity must be lawfully acknowledged.
• In dealing with contingent labour disputes between the Company and the employees the Company preferentially applies negotiation procedures.
E Relations with administrative authorities, municipalities and regional authorities
• In the course of its business activities, the Company also takes into consideration the interests of wider community including national and regional interests.
• The Company communicates with administrative authorities using truthful information about itself.
• The Company is particular in properly kept books and timely settlement of its financial obligations towards administrative and municipal authorities.
• The Company actively enhances the quality of the health facility, the services of which are used not only by the employees of the Company but also by citizens – patients from the region.
• The Company provides financial support for the development of sports and culture.
• The Company conducts an active charity policy.
• The Company is continuously concerned with improving the quality of the environment.
• The Company actively participates in removing the consequences of its enterprise and by means of modification of technological processes it strives to minimize the impact of the industrial process on the environment.
• The Company informs its environs about its environmental programme.
• In its business activity, the Company respects the standards established in the sphere of waste, emissions, etc.
G Relations with competitors
• The Company fights its competitors resolutely but fairly.
• The Company shall not impair the reputation of its competitors.
• The Company is mindful that in relation with its competitors its employees respect the confidential nature of business information or otherwise inside information.
• The Company shall not try to acquire information on the competitors‘ business activities in an unfair manner.
• The Company shall not use restrictive business practices and shall not in any form abuse its dominant position on the market.
H Compliance with standards and its confirmation• The Company has implemented a system in which the employees can express their opinions concerning the conduct of the Company or its employees or concerning the decisions which they deem unethical.
• The Company’s management deals with all suggestions and information in connection with breaches of this code of ethics and, if necessary, it also ensures adoption of appropriate measures.